Carrot and Coriander soup with an extra kick (if you choose!).
Serves: 6-8 portions
1kg bag frozen sliced carrots
1.5 pints water
1 vegetable stock cube
2/3 bunch coriander
Salt and pepper
Pinch chilli flakes (optional!)
2 heaped tsp cumin
2 cups cartoned coconut milk (we used ‘Alpro’ but you could swap for regular milk or almond milk)
- Place all of the ingredients into a slow cooker/instant pot.
- For the instant pot: Close the lid and set to venting, press the manual button and set for 3 minutes.
- For the slow cooker: Set on high for 3 hours
- On the hob: Cook for around 20 minutes on a medium flame (until carrots are soft)
- Once the cooking time is complete, leave to cool. Then using a blender or hand blender, whizz until smooth, slowly adding in the coconut milk as you go.
- Reheat as you need or freeze in batches to use as meal prep.