Who wants an all-in-one salted caramel breakfast loaf?! Our hands are up…and it doesn’t *have* to be for breakfast but it is really handy for busy mornings to have ready made if you need it. Or snacks, or pud or just because – with a nice slathering of peanut butter 😉
- 2 bananas (if they’re quite small, go for 3)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (we used cartoned coconut milk)
- 2 tsps salted caramel flavour (you could just use vanilla instead if you don’t have it)
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup (liquid sweetener)
- Pinch salt
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup protein powder (we used whey, use what you have, or you could try another 1/2 cup oats)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- In a bowl, mash the bananas,
- Add in the eggs, milk, salted caramel/vanilla, honey and salt and beat together well.
- Add baking powder and mix well, make sure it’s thoroughly mixed in.
- Add the oats and protein powder and mix again.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and pour the batter in.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the top goes golden brown and springs back to touch.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container (we keep it in the fridge after a couple of days to make it last longer!)