Who wouldn’t want fruit and nut chocolate on hand?! It’s also packed with some good quality ingredients and makes a delicious mid afternoon munch with a cuppa…
2 tbsp coconut butter (double the coconut oil if you haven’t got, but works best with a mix of the two)
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 heaped tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
1 tbsp sweetener (we used stevia but honey/maple/xylitol/coconut sugar etc all work)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt
Mix ins: (feel free to swap for whatever you like! We’ve used puffed rice for a crunch before!)
10 chopped nuts (we used 5 cashews/5 almonds)
- In a pan on low heat, melt the coconut oil/butter together.
- Turn off the heat and add in the vanilla, sea salt, sweetener and cocoa/cacao powder and stir.
- Pour 1/3 of the chocolate mixture into a silicone tray/mould/holder OR onto parchment paper on a plate so that you have a thin, evenly spread layer. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Once solid, add the raisins and chopped nuts evenly over the solid chocolate and then cover with the remaining mixture. This process stops everything sinking to the bottom and sticking. Freeze again for 30 minutes.
- Remove from mold/paper and break into chunks. Keep in the fridge and ENJOY!