We love getting creative with homemade chocolate – a great way to explore your favourite taste combos with whatever you decide to mix in. Happy creating!
- 3.5 heaped tbsp coconut butter/oil (works slightly better with coconut butter but is more expensive and not always easy to find)
- 4 heaped tbsp cocoa/cacao (you may need 1 more tbsp depending on consistency)
- 1 tbsp honey/golden syrup/liquid sweetener (or more to taste)
- Splash vanilla (we’ve also done orange oil, mint and salted caramel!)
- On a small flame, melt the coconut butter/oil in a pan slowly and THEN add in the cocoa/cacao. DON’T add in the sweetener until these are combined!
- Take off the heat. Stir in the honey and mix slowly, it should start to thicken a little, to melted chocolate consistency.
- If it still feels really runny, add another heaped tbsp of cacao in.
- Add the vanilla (or mint/orange oil etc) and then pour onto greaseproof paper on a plate.
- Add the mix-ins – whatever you fancy! We love shredded coconut/chopped nuts/dried fruit etc.
- Refrigerate for an hour and then break and store in a jar in the fridge.
- NOTE: If you want to make the white chocolate version you’ll need to use the coconut butter without the cocoa and add a little more honey and vanilla. Happy experimenting!