Moreish and minimal ingredients, good hey?! Great for a pud/snack/portable nibble…or just with a cuppa (Andy’s preference)…
Serves: 10 cookies
- 1 medium banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp nut butter (we did 1tbsp peanut butter + 1 tbsp almond butter)
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener (we used stevia but you can use xylitol/coconut sugar etc)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa/cacao
- 1/4 cup + 1tbsp coconut flour
- Good handful of cashews
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients, sweetener and salt and stir thoroughly.
- Break up the cashews into chunks and stir in.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- On a lined baking tray, spoon out the mixture into 10 blobs and then press down with your hands and form into a round cookie shape.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then leave to cool on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight tin or in the fridge.