A cosy Autumnal loaf, but let’s face it, great any time of the year/day! Makes for a handy breakfast loaf or just a cosy pud, hope you enjoy baking it!
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (not cream)
- 3 tbsp honey/liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Handful of chocolate chips (easy to make your own if you haven’t got pre-made by chopping up some of a bar)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- In a bowl, whisk together with a fork the liquid ingredients – pumpkin, eggs, coconut milk and honey.
- Add in the baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips and whisk again. Make sure the raising agents are well mixed in.
- Add the coconut flour and stir, it should really thicken the mixture. If it feels overly thick, add a splash more coconut milk so it’s just runny but still thick.
- Line a loaf tin and pour the batter into it – spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the loaf has risen and browning on the top.
- Remove and place onto a cooling rack to cool down.
- Store in the fridge. Delicious straight from the fridge or with nut butter or reheated with cream/ice cream/on it’s own!