The controversial banana bread/cake/loaf debate…we went with ‘loaf’ as a compromise! Anyway, whatever you call it, it needs baking ASAP and munching with a nice cup of something, preferably today 😉 ENJOY!
Serves: 8-10 slices
2 medium bananas
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup milk (we used Alpro coconut milk but feel free to use what you have!)
1 tbsp sweetener optional (we used a granulated one (sugar/stevia/xylitol etc) but honey/maple would likely work)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a blender, whizz the banana, eggs, melted coconut oil, milk and vanilla.
- Transfer into a bowl and add the baking soda and bicarb over then top, then the apple cider vinegar (it should fizz). Then stir.
- Add the coconut flour and stir to make a thick batter.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 27-30 minutes, until slightly browning on top.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a cooling rack to finish.
- Store in the fridge for a few days and enjoy (also freezes well)!