Giant batch, lasts for days, lunches all round please and thanks. Super simple, tasty and versatile, what’s not to love?…
Slow cooker/Instant pot recipe (you can also do in a large pan and leave to simmer)
Serves: 6-8 portions
Ingredients: (switch up the veg for whatever you have!)
2 large carrots
2 peppers (we do one red, one green)
2 handfuls mushrooms
3 large handfuls kale
3 large handfuls spinach
10 brussel sprouts (optional!)
2 tins chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp paprika (any kind works)
1 tbsp onion powder
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 cup water
- Roughly chop all the veg and place into instant pot/slow cooker
- Add the herbs and spices and then pour the chopped tomatoes, balsamic and water on top. There’s no need to stir it up.
- Instant pot: Manual, 2 minutes…OR
- Slow cooker: 3 hours on HIGH…OR
- Large pan on hob: bring to boil and then turn to simmer for 40-50 minutes (test to check veg are soft).
- Once the time is up, add in the tomato puree and stir. Serve straight away hot (best topped with fresh coriander or basil we think!) or split into portions for lunches/sides for dinners throughout the week and refrigerate. Keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge.