Not got one pre-prepared and fancy a quick bowl of soup? Try this single serve ‘balsamic, basil and carrot’ one and remember you can easily double/triple (etc!) the recipe if there’s more than one of you!
Serves: 1 (just x it by how many people!)
175g frozen carrots* (roughly 2 medium carrots worth)
2/3 cup water
1 tsp tahini
Handful basil leaves
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Defrost the carrots in the microwave or on the side if you have time.
- Once defrosted, add into a blender with the water, tahini, basil, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the balsamic.
- Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Serve as a snack or with a good source of protein for a quick meal (chicken thigh, eggs, burger patty etc). Happy munching!
*If you decide to use fresh, just steam/boil until soft and then follow the rest of the instructions the same.