OK, ok, they might look funny but move aside regular-not-good-stuff-filled ice-cream…these bad boys are actually a really decent and not ‘healthy-tasting’ (but are actually going to do you good) alternative! We dare you, give them a go!
2 ripe bananas
30g dark chocolate (we use 85/90% cocoa but use what you enjoy)
Handful chopped nuts (or chocolate chips or coconut flakes)
4 lolly sticks (we found these in Wilko’s)
- Cover a plate/tray with a baking sheet ready for ‘setting’ the ice cream.
- Peel the bananas and cut in half.
- Push a lolly stick into the centre of the bottom of each banana, about 1/3 of the way up.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl. Dip the banana in the chocolate and cover to the half way point, or the whole lot if you prefer (you’ll need a bit more chocolate).
- Take a pinch of the chopped nuts and sprinkle over the chocolate dunked banana, turning the banana so all sides are covered.
- Lay on the plate/tray on top of the baking sheet. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours, but will stay fresh and ready to eat for well over a week in the freezer if you transfer to a tupperware.