You’d never know this takes 5 minutes to prep ‘cos it’s so dang tasty! Great for meal preppin’ or just a decent meal in a busy week. All you need is a slow cooker…
Serves: 5 portions (we use this for lunches for the week)
10 new potatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained
750g of mixed frozen veg (we use one from Aldi/Tesco that has green beans, peas and sweetcorn because they don’t go soggy)
200g stick of chorizo
2 cans chopped tomatoes
2 tsp mixed herbs
2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp curry powder (we use a Tikka one but use whichever you like!)
1 tbsp coconut flour
Salt and pepper
- Chop the potatoes into chunks, roughly 3x3cm size (i.e. not cubed but not huge either!) and add to the slow cooker/instant pot.
- Rinse the chickpeas and add to the slow cooker/instant pot, along with the chorizo, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add the bag of frozen veg, then pour over the chopped tomatoes.
- On the instant pot, set the lid to ‘venting’, press the ‘manual’ button, then ‘pressure’ twice so it is set to high pressure and increase the time to 24 minutes. On the slow cooker setting OR in a regular slow cooker set to high for 6 hours.
- Once cooked add in the coconut flour and mix well. Leave for 5 minutes, stir once more and either serve topped with some fresh herbs of choice (parsley/coriander/basil are all tasty options!) or cool and portion out into lunch boxes. Keeps in the fridge for 5 days.