This stuff is the bees knees! Not only does it spruce up a salad or make a great tasting burger topping, it’ll feed those friendly gut bacteria, helping you to have a healthy, well functioning digestive system that makes you feel fab!
2 medium carrots
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp tumeric powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
- Shred the carrot and cabbage into a bowl.
- Add the salt and spices and using your hand, knead them into the veggies. You need to give it a good mash for 2-3 minutes so that everything is mixed and water is drawn out of the veg.
- Leave on the side for 30-60 minutes for the salt to draw the water out.
- After 30-60 minutes, put all the ingredients into a clip-lock lidded/air tight mason jar and press them right into the bottom of the jar so that the water covers the sauerkraut. Make sure no veg is above the water so that it can ferment properly. Tip – put a smaller jar inside the big one to press the sauerkraut down below the water and then clip the lid.
- Leave on the side/work top for 3 days and then refrigerate and EAT!