A great one-pan dinner for busy week nights, or a delicious taste of summer for a weekend evening meal, this paella is easy, tasty and leaves minimal washing up – win win!
3 cups chicken stock
80g chorizo, sliced
165g jumbo prawns
1/2 cup basmati rice
1/2 red pepper
Handful of peas
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp tumeric
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chop the chorizo, onion, carrots, cauliflower and red pepper into small chunks.
- In a frying pan, fry the chorizo and onion together until the fat from the chorizo starts softening the onion.
- Add in the dry rice and stir through the chorizo and onion, coating the rice.
- Add in the chicken stock and stir.
- Add the chopped veg and spices into the pan, stir and then cover the pan with a lid to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take off the lid and add in the peas and prawns and stir through. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- Split between two dishes and top with chopped coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice to serve.