We’re always looking for ways to get good food made quickly with the least faff possible. These baked eggs fit the bill and make a great, quick meal, best served with some homemade potato wedges and salad.
2 portabello mushrooms
1 salad tomato
- Turn the grill on high. Place the portabello mushrooms on a lined tray, face down and grill until softening.
- Flip the mushrooms over and grill the other side.
- Slice the tomato thinly and split between the two mushrooms. Fit them round the outside of the underside of the mushrooms (making the sides slightly higher to contain the egg), adding a pinch of smoked paprika and cumin to each one. Grill again.
- Once the tomatoes are grilled, crack an egg into the centre of each mushroom and sprinkle the top with paprika. Place them under the grill again until the eggs are cooked (less time for runnier yolks!).
- Serve over salad and enjoy!