How could you resist these smiling faces?! A great way to spend time with your favourite people would be making these friendly chaps…and then devouring with a cuppa or a hot choc…
Serves: 16-18 mini and small/medium (as pictured) OR 10-12 small/medium.
1 cup almond flour/ground almonds
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sticky liquid sweetener (we used golden syrup but could use honey/maple syrup/rice malt/agave etc)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract/essence
2 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients with a fork.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a dough (it will be a bit sticky).
- Refridgerate the dough for 2 hours.
- On a wooden board/non-stick sheet, roll the dough out to roughly 0.5cm thick. If it starts to stick, sprinkle a bit of coconut flour on the surface/rolling pin.
- Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Collect up the extra bits, roll into a ball and re-roll out. Repeat until you’ve used all the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Once cooled, decorate however you like (we just used some melted dark chocolate! SImple!).