This is SO good! Enjoyed by foodies and non-foodies alike, we can vouch for this one being worth the swap. Top with your favourite pizza toppings and happy munching, trust us…
Serves: 2 medium pizzas (feeds 2 hungry people!)
2 medium sweet potatos or 2/3 of a very large one (Aldi individual sweet potatoes for reference!)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp arrowroot powder (could also use cornflour or tapioca starch)
- Preheat the oven to 250C.
- Microwave the sweet potatoes until soft/cooked all the way through, or use pre-cooked ones from leftovers. Microwaving takes 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the potato, don’t forget to pierce it first!
- Wait until cool enough to handle and then scoop the middle out into a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add in the coconut flour and arrowroot (or alternative) and using your hands mix into a dough.
- Split the dough in two and spread out on lined trays to about 1cm thickness.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Take out and top with tomato sauce and toppings.
- Turn the oven down to 200C and cook for a further 12-15 minutes or until the top is as crispy as you like it.
- Slice, serve and enjoy! (Serve with a fish slice type implement, it’s more of a knife and fork pizza than an ‘eat-by-hand’ one although it can be, just a little messy!).