Serves: 2 (sometimes with leftovers!)
Ingredients: (you can swap any of the veggies for what you’ve got!)
1/2 cup rice
3-4 sausages (we used gluten free chicken ones but you can use any)
1 large carrot, shredded
1/4 cabbage, shredded/sliced thinly
1/3 broccoli cut into florets
2 tbsp green pesto (we use Tesco Finest Pesto as it’s made with olive oil but you can easily make your own too).
- Put the sausages on a tray and cook for the time on the packet.
- Whilst the sausages are cooking, cook the rice in a pan on a low heat. When cooked, rinse with boiling water and leave to one side.
- Chop/slice all the veg and put into a frying pan/wok. Add about 1-2cm water to soften the veg and ‘fry’ (if the veg are still hard and the water has gone, add in a bit more).
- Once the water has evaporated and the veg are soft, and in the pesto and mix/warm through (add in salt and pepper if you want it at this point).
- By this time the sausages should be cooked – chop them and add in.
- Finally add in the rice and slowly mix so that everything is coated in the pesto and veg mixture.
- Serve and ENJOY!