Serves: 16 pieces
250g cubed aubergine (without skin)
40g coconut oil
30g dark chocolate (we used 85% cocoa)
1/3 cup cacoa/cocoa
50g cartoned coconut/almond/regular milk
2 tbsp granulated stevia (or 4 tbsp xylitol – you can get this in nearly all supermarkets)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Boil the aubergine in a pan until soft (roughly 7-10 minutes). Turn off the heat and drain the water (no need to squeeze it out though)..
- Add into the pan the coconut oil and chocolate and stir until melted. Then add in the cacao/cocoa and stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sweetener and vanilla. Add to the chocolate mixture.
- Add in the baking powder and coconut flour last of all and mix again.
- With a hand whisk/electric whisk, blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Line a baking tin (ours is roughly 22cmx22cm) and pour the batter into the tin. Bake for approximately 24 minutes, or until the top has solidified and slightly springs back when you touch it. Cool on a rack and store in the fridge. Delicious warm, served with a square of dark chocolate 😉