For the Chilli:
1 tsp coconut/olive oil
400g beef mince (we like grass-fed)
2 carrots, chopped
10 mushrooms, sliced
1 cup vegetable or beef stock (or 1 stock cube in a cup of boiling water)
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika/smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 can drained kidney beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp tomato puree
1.5 cups rice
3 cups water
See our ‘Time Saver Salad‘.
- Fry the onions for 2 minutes in the coconut/olive oil.
- Add in the mince and brown.
- Add in the pepper, carrots and mushrooms and cook.
- Pour the stock and tomatoes over and add in the garlic, paprika, mixed herbs, cumin, chilli and kidney beans. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer point.
- Add in the tomato puree and stir.
- Leave to simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Whilst the chilli is simmering, place the rice in a pan with the water and leave on a medium heat to boil. It will be ready once the water has evaporated. We like to rinse the rice with boiling water once cooked.
- Pour the chilli and rice into separate bowls and serve with the ‘Time Saver Salad‘. Dig in!