We love a slow cooker recipe and this one is simple but so dang tasty! Great for any occasion but especially days when there’s little time to spend cooking. Give it a crack! “/> We love a slow cooker recipe and this one is simple but so dang tasty! Great for any occasion but especially days when there’s little time to spend cooking. Give it a crack! [/caption]
Serves: 6-8 (depending on joint size).
Pork joint (roughly 1kg)
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1tsp garlic granules
2 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsps tomato puree
1 cup warm water
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pork joint and chopped onion into the slow cooker.
- In a jar, mix together the red wine vinegar, paprika, garlic, herbs, mustard, salt and pepper and shake well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomato puree and warm water to make a runny paste.
- Add the tomato puree mix into the jar and shake again.
- Pour over the pork joint and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Take out of the slow cooker and place into a dish. Remove the fat from the top and then using a fork, pull the joint apart.
- Pour as much of the sauce and onions as you want over the joint and serve.