Serves: 4-6 (depending on chicken size)
1 medium chicken (or enough chicken breasts/thighs for 4-6 people)
5 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp granulated garlic/1-2 garlic cloves
1-2 tsp ginger
1 tsp mixed herbs
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C (if not marinating the meat).
- In a glass jar put all the dressing ingredients (everything except for the chicken of course!) and shake until combined well.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and rub in as much as possible. Use a spoon to scoop up extra and pour back over the chicken.
- We like to marinate the chicken during the day whilst at work and put it in the oven later, but you can cover in the dressing and put straight in the oven. At this point either leave to marinate or place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes (or adjust for chicken portions) without covering – this makes the skin nice and crispy (time dependant on the size, larger chickens take longer – see the packet). We like to take the chicken out halfway and spoon the juices back over the top again (extra crispy!).
- Once cooked, serve with rice and garlic veggies (we like pan friend green beans!) for a Jamaican feel or roast potatoes and veg for a more traditional meal.